Of course on such an important topic, I would forget to turn off the metronome function in GarageBand while editing the file. I’ve corrected it and so now there is no more annoying rhythmic tapping/clicking. Apologies.
This episode is for all of our white neurodivergent listeners. We should have opened the podcast with that, but I’ll say it here. Aimée and I have an awkward, imperfect, incomplete, but important conversation around race and racism. With that here are a lot of links for you to read and sit with, uncomfortably. Find a group of your (white) friends and start having these conversations as well.
Read Eloquent Rage by Brittany Cooper and Thick by Tressie McMillan Cottom. Listen to Brene Brown with Ibram X. Kendi on How to Be an Antiracist. TO START.
- What Is an Anti-Racist Reading List For?
- Hockey is not for everyone by Akim Aliu
- Georgetown Slavery Archive
- Toronto Police Accused of Pushing Black Woman from Balcony to her Death
- N.B. police shooting of Indigenous woman leads to questions on ‘wellness checks’
- Why posting a black image with the ‘Black Lives Matter’ hashtag could be doing more harm than good
- The Whites of Quebec
- Pure Laine: Quebec’s Purity Myth